If you have not had therapy before, it may make you feel more at ease to know as much about the process as possible. Make good use of your first conversation with your Therapist - here are some questions to ask which may help to ease any worries you have about receiving Therapy.
- Do you have experience working with my kind of issue (having already explained a little in your email).
- Am I in control of how long I receive treatment for?
- Are you registered with BABCP, COSCA, UKCP etc?
- I am working/have commitments - are you flexible with your days and times?
- What is your hourly fee and what happens if I am unable to make my appointment? Will I be charged?
- I am worried about the financial commitment - how long does treatement typically last?
Don't forget to have a pen and paper handy before speaking to your therapist just to make sure you get all the information you need.