Louise McBride Psychotherapy and Clinical Supervision
I am a professionally qualified and experienced counsellor.
*** Due to COVID I am working online. I am happy to discuss seeing you in person (in Edinburgh) depending on your circumstances ***
Please do get in touch to discuss if I can help you.
Please note that I work only with individuals not couples.
Areas I specialise in include…
- Depression: feeling empty, suicidal thoughts, social isolation, self-worth.
- Anxiety: panic attacks, feeling overwhelmed, struggling to cope, self-belief.
- Relationship issues: affairs, unhealthy attachments, controlling behaviours.
- Emotion management: anger, withdrawal, frustration, envy, jealousy.
If what you are experiencing is not listed above please do get in touch, I may be able to help.
I welcome people from all walks of life and provide a down to earth, authentic and compassionate approach where you can feel safe to explore what is happening for you.
I’m a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). Being registered means I’ve been assessed by BACP on high standards of professional conduct. If you would like more information on the good practice standards I abide by please do visit the BACP website.
About Louise McBride Counselling
I’m a qualified and experienced Psychodynamic therapist and clinical supervisor.
I understand the difficulty of accepting the reality of your life when it just isn’t working out. Avoiding doing something about that reality keeps you stuck in an emotionally painful place where you continue to suffer. You can’t change your past, what has happened has happened. However, you can change how you think and feel about your past experiences, which, in turn, helps you to heal and move forward.
I help you to think about the way you relate to yourself and others giving you more choice to make positive changes in your life. I help you to reflect on your way of being now and support you to understand how past experiences, particularly in childhood, have contributed to how you think, feel and behave as an adult.
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision: Creative Methods in Supervision (Northern guild, Newcastle)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (University of Edinburgh)
- COSCA Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Skills (University of Edinburgh)
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) Diploma
- Certificate in Training Practice
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy